Request A Quote
Request A Quote
Personal Car Insurance
Erie Auto Insurance
- The proper coverage for your everyday vehicle
- Erie offers numerous extra additional protection features that go beyond standard coverage which would be added to your premium
- Erie Rate Lock gives you the option to secure your premium so if you have a claim, your rates won’t change
- Zero Dollar Glass Deductible can be obtained for a small addition to your premium, includes no deductible for glass repairs/replacement & free wiper blades with windshield replacement
- In the event of a total loss, New Auto Security provides gap and replacement coverage OR better vehicle coverage
- Accident forgiveness comes included in your policy, if you go 3 years with no claims, we will forgive your first at-fault accident
- For $30/year per policy, you can add Erie Auto Plus which includes, but is not limited to, diminishing deductibles and extended rental car coverage
Progressive Auto Insurance
- Many ways to save money on a premium with things like a safe driver discount, multi-policy discount, multi-car discount, and paid in full discount
- Snapshot by Progressive gives you the ability to earn a personalized rate based on your actual driving habits
- One of the largest and well-known auto insurance providers in the country
- Offers 24/7 Claim Service so no matter what time of day or night, you can get the claim process started
- Offers insurance coverage even if your driving history is not the best(multiple violations, accidents, prior suspension(s) or policy cancellations.
Antique/Classic/Collector Auto Insurance
Safeguarding Your Unique Vehicle
The right insurance can prove to be a very important aspect of your continued investment, maintenance, and ownership of your vintage vehicle.
- Our agency also has the ability to insure your Antique, Classic or Collector vehicle through American Collectors Insurance, Inc.
- To qualify, your vehicle must be at least 15 years old, garage kept and driven for pleasure only with very limited annual mileage consistent with operations of a collector vehicle (e.g., club functions or exhibitions, tours, etc.). Pictures of the vehicle’s exterior & interior and motor are required.
- The policy features “agreed value” coverage, inflation guard protection, and spare parts coverage. qualified vehicles include; antique and classic cars & trucks, custom classics, muscle cars, street rods, collector or “special edition” vehicles, replica vehicles and kit cars.
Personal Motorcycle Insurance
- Offered to you through Erie, Progressive, Aegis, and Foremost
- Add-on to the auto policy which means one policy, one bill & no worries
- Includes coverage for damage to accessories, medical payments, and roadside assistance
Frequently Ask Auto Insurance Questions
Why Are Auto Insurance Rates Rising?
Insurance companies pay claims using the premium dollars collected from their policyholders.
Higher car repair costs, higher medical bills, and an increase in the number and size of lawsuits filed for auto accidents have made claims costlier to settle.
Rates must rise to keep up with these increasing expenses.
What Should I Do If An Accident Or Loss Occurs?
If you are involved in an accident or loss:
- Help any injured. Get names, addresses and auto license plate numbers of those involved, including all witnesses.
- Do not discuss an accident with anyone except the police or our representative.
- Protect your auto and any property from further damage.
- Promptly call the police if someone is injured, the damage is extensive, or in case of theft. In the case of a “hit-and-run,” you must report the accident to the police within 24 hours or as soon as possible.
- Notify your Agent of the accident or loss.
Am I Covered If I Borrow Someone Else's Car?
Erie will provide excess liability protection while you are using any auto or trailer not owned by you (except those furnished for use by any governmental agency or unit). Your Erie policy will pay the amount for which you are liable for damage to other vehicles or property and injury to other persons that are not covered by the vehicle owner’s insurance.
Your operation or use of a non-owned auto or trailer must be with the permission of the owner, or you must reasonably believe you have permission. Coverage for damage to the vehicle itself is provided if at least one of your cars on your Erie policy has comprehensive and collision coverage. However, this coverage pays only for damage that is not covered by the vehicle owner’s policy.
What Are Physical Damage Coverages?
Comprehensive and collision coverages are the “Physical Damage Coverages.” Under Comprehensive coverage, we will pay for damage to your car and its equipment not caused by a collision.
Comprehensive coverage includes glass breakage, contact with persons, animals, birds, missiles, or falling objects.
Under Collision coverage, we will pay for damage to your car and its equipment caused by collision or upset.
If I Rent A Car, Will It Be Covered If I Damage It?
Generally, private passenger autos you rent (including motor homes, pick-ups, and vans) are covered for damage you cause to them if they are not covered by the rental agency’s insurance.
Coverage is available for up to 45 consecutive days.
If I loan My Car To Someone Else, Is There Coverage?
Generally, anyone to whom you give permission to drive your car is covered under Erie’s policy.
Relatives who live in your home are automatically covered while driving your car. Drivers specifically excluded on your policy, however, are not covered.
The name of any excluded driver should appear on the coverage sheet (Declarations) of your policy.
If I Rent A Truck Or Trailer To Move, Does My Auto Insurance Provide Any Coverage?
Liability coverage for damage you do to other vehicles and property, or injuries you cause to other persons is the same as provided for a car. However, there is no coverage if the truck you rent has more than six wheels. This liability coverage also applies to a rented trailer.
Erie also provides Physical Damage coverage while you or a relative are driving any “moving van” of four or six wheels, which you rent or borrow if there is Physical Damage coverage on at least one vehicle on your policy.
On all trucks with more than six wheels, we recommend you purchase the Collision Damage Waiver from the rental company. Damage to a rented trailer is covered up to $1,000. We suggest you purchase the coverage offered by the rental company if the trailer is worth significantly more than the $1,000 limit.
What Is Provided By The Liability Coverage In My Policy?
Under your Liability Coverage, we agree to pay all sums you legally must pay as damages caused by an accident covered by the policy.
The accident must arise out of the ownership, maintenance, use, loading, or unloading of an auto that Erie insures.
The damages must involve bodily injury, (physical harm, sickness or disease, including care, loss of services or resultant death) or property damage (including loss of the property use).